Thursday, January 10, 2013

Art Bead Scene January Challenge

The Art Bead Scene blog features a monthly challenge based on a painting.  I was intrigued by the one from this month, so I started creating.  Whoa, Nellie.  What a mess!
Here are the components I am working with.  It was actually a long trip to get to this point! The "eyes" were beaded. The focal piece was created in mixed-media layers.  The polymer coins were textured, pearlized and drilled.

This Tim Holtz scrapbooking facet was transformed into a jewelry focal with a technique taught by Deryn Mentock in her Alchemy of Objects class.

Good intentions can go very wrong.  I'd say there are two main problems. One: In an attempt to integrate gray (from the inspiration painting,) I forced these Toho Black Diamond seed beads into my design.  Two: Too many stitches in the beadweaving!  Peyote, daisy chain, slopping netting.  Yuk!
Fear not!  I have a back-up plan.  Off to work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment